How to make those you love feel special by saying “I love you” in a variety of ways.
It is often humbling to open up and let others see the “real you,” but it’s a necessary part of uniting hearts and minds.”
If you’re looking for ways to make those you love feel special and appreciated, here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. Put it into words. Those three little words—”I love you”—are still the best way to make sure those you love know it. Say them often.
2. Tell them why. What makes the person special to you? Tell him or her, and be specific. Whenever you find something new to admire or appreciate, say so.
3. Take time to love. Spending time with someone says, “You’re more important to me than all the other things that I could be doing right now.”
4. Don’t wait for a special occasion. Small, unexpected gifts and remembrances can sometimes convey love even better than big ones on birthdays or holidays, and every day holds opportunities.
5. Be consistent. When everything is going well, an expression of love can make it go even better; and when one of you is having a bad day, love can turn things around.
6. Be affectionate. Hug. Touch. Science has proven that there are physical and mental benefits to human touch.
7. Be helpful. Going out of your way to be helpful or doing more than your share shows concern; it says “Your happiness is important to me,” and “I want to make your day a little better.”
8. Listen with your heart. Make an effort to truly get to know and understand the other person, rather than assuming you already do.
9. Show respect. Healthy relationships are built on mutual respect for each other’s good qualities. Look for opportunities to show those you love that you believe in them.
10. Be unselfish. Giving preference to the needs and desires of your loved ones shows that their happiness and well-being are more important to you than your own.
11. Drop your guard. It is often humbling to open up and let others see the “real you,” but it’s a necessary part of uniting hearts and minds.